ebay auto feeder- feasible?

lfkeyboards

Re: ebay auto feeder- feasible?

Post by lfkeyboards »

I built some of these: https://docs.mgrl.de/maschine:pickandpl ... 0816feeder and they work perfectly. I made the switch to openpnp for now since they're already supported there, but I don't think it'd be that hard to adapt to liteplacer by monitoring the serial G-codes and feeding based on move location.
dampfboot

Post by dampfboot »

It is productive now: I am listening at the serial wire between PC and Tiny G. If the tiny G gets the signal to move to a specific feeder position I open the lid. After the nozzle Z=0 move i close it. It is all done by an Arduino Mega and a NEXTION touch display. You configure all feeder data at the touch display - or play it on the Arduino via an extra serial communication. No need to change the great Liteplacer software or miss any update!

The feeder are old used ones which I got from a friend. They are verry reliable and operated by a 4 USD Chinese Servo with metall gear now. I found a way to couple it quite easy with one wire

Rainer from Hannover, Germany

Dloranger

Post by Dloranger »

I just got my liteplacer online and now face the same dilemma, I use the same parts over and over again and reloading the taped down strips is a hassle and I think I am getting placement errors from the tapes not being straight.

I have manufactured a few of the "Ploopy" feeders and mechanically they seem solid and low profile which allows them to sit directly on the work surface. My problem is how to advance the feeders. Can anyone help point me in the right direction here?