Centering of Components

Peninsula liteplacer

Centering of Components

Post by Peninsula liteplacer »

Hi,
Do we have options for optical centering the components in Lite Placer?.
Since there is a play in the standard tapes we receive, the picking of the component itself is in a shift.
I tried using "Place with up camera assist" option; Wherein i noticed that it is doing a correction only rotationally.
Also, for few components the up camera assist did not work properly. The focal length of the camera did not match with the height of the component.
Is there any way that I can adjust the height of different component. The height of "Nozzle to up looking camera" is what it is taking as reference for looking the component. When the height of the components varies, the focal length also varies and gets blurred image, which will not be recognized while setting the algorithm.

Kindly type in your suggestions.
Thankyou.
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Centering of Components

Post by JuKu »

Hi,
> "Place with up camera assist" option; Wherein i noticed that it is doing a correction only rotationally.
This should do position correction also. If you think that this doesn't work, first please review and document your findings. The next chapter (from the instructions) might help you determining that it works and fine tune the calibration values. If you need assistance, the log of a failed operation will help, along with a detailed description (preferably with pictures) of what actually happens compared to what you expect to happen.

Note, that this method uses only “Nozzle Nominal Offset” and “Up Camera X&Y” numbers when calculating the component position. These parameters are on “Setup Video Processing” page. If you see any systematic errors in placement, first make sure that “Probe Down” commands in the lower right corner of the user interface work as intended. These take the nozzle down to the point shown in camera. When this works accurately, any remaining error is due to Up Camera coordinates: If you decrease the X coordinate, component placement moves to right (+X). If you decrease Y coordinate, component placement moves up (+Y).

Another approach that might work (depending on the appearance of the component) is to use down camera but target the components directly.

The focal length of the cameras are indeed limited. I put on my todo list to use component height as a parameter for up camera assisted measurement. Thank you for the idea!