Taken. (Almost free kit to someone in Bay area!)

JuKu
Site Admin

Taken. (Almost free kit to someone in Bay area!)

Post by JuKu »

Edit - Offer accepted, no longer available.
---
I want to give a kit to someone in Bay area. Hackerspaces would be preferred, but individuals or companies are welcome, too. But of course, there is a catch. :-) :

I was approved to show the machine at the Maker Faire Bay Area (May 15, 16 & 17). The cost of the machine to myself is less than shipping an assembled machine from Finland to San Mateo and back. Besides, I like to support makers, make things easy for myself and arrange some time to see the show myself. Therefore, I propose the following co-operation project:

- I send you a kit about immediately.

- You build the machine to a portable platform (Mine is built on a desktop which has two 2x4's bolted underneath). For expenses not included in the kit (such as power supply, cables etc), I can help too.

- You bring the machine and an external monitor to the Maker Faire. Also, you or some people from your team will be at the Faire, showing the machine, at least part time. You can also have posters, give handouts etc about yourself from my stand. We can agree about the schedules and the stand appearance later. The exhibit gives me up to 5 “Maker Entry Passes”. The terms for these are “To qualify, team members must work at your exhibit for 6 hours or more”, so three hours booth duty on two days gives access. But I’d like to see the show as well (and take a break every now and then), so I'd prefer if you can arrange yourself or people from your team, familiar with the machine, to be there about half of the time.

- In short: We show the machine together, and share the booth duty so, that all people involved get to see the show as well. After the show, the machine is yours to keep.

If this is something you would like to do, please get in touch as soon as possible.

-Juha (Juha Kuusama, juha@liteplacer.com)