RAMPS / Repetier

kkronyak

RAMPS / Repetier

Post by kkronyak »

I wanted to provide some details with my recent experience experimenting with several different configurations. Mainly I have been trying to get OpenPnP working for a variety of reasons (run on my LinuxCNC machine for my router, more configurable vision, etc.). I recently ended up switching from the TinyG controller to a spare RAMPS / Arduino Mega 2560 clone that I had from my work with 3d printers. So far this has worked quite well -- I've been able to get all of the core features working entirely through configuration (no modification to code necessary).

For wiring I am using all of the motor and limits with their standard directions -- any changes in homing direction etc. is handled by the config. I also wired up the lights and pump / solenoid to the heater MOSFET switched terminals -- the lights are on the hot bed terminal with a 12v power input and the heaters are on the shared motor supply terminal with 24v supply. The motor drivers are a combination of DRV8825 and A4988 drivers for the axis motors and nozzle rotation motor respectively.

The only issues I've had are related to the bottom vision offsets and automatically finding board fiducials. I had the same issue with TinyG though so I think it's either something with my vision config or the software itself (may need to adjust part offsets based on vision mirror settings etc.). During my last tests once I manually ran board alignment it placed some 0805 almost perfectly except for what appears to be the X offset being reversed (places it farther from the middle rather than closer). The board fiducial thing may be due to it not fully supporting import of Cadsoft Eagle boards yet which is what I used to make my test board -- specifically it does not seem to generate the shapes for the pads and part body.

Also depending on how you wire the motor connectors it may be necessary to reverse them either physically or in firmware -- I have all of my motors wired Blk-Grn-Red-(Wht/Blu).

I have uploaded my Repetier firmware config (for version 0.92.9) and my OpenPnP machine.xml file (for current dev branch, 8/21 commit ID e0979a6)

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
Attachments
liteplacer_repetier_configs.zip
config files
(12.99 KiB) Downloaded 691 times