November newsletter

JuKu
Site Admin

November newsletter

Post by JuKu »

Full version: http://eepurl.com/cnAWN5

LitePlacer: Automatic nozzle change, improved accuracy

LitePlacer pick and place machine is improved. The new model uses good SMD nozzles and accurate nozzle connector, which allow automatic change of the nozzles. The kit also includes a table holder for nozzles, with magnets to hold the free nozzles in place despite of vibrations. A short 13s video:

It is much more accurate as well. With the new features of the regularly updated software, even small pitch IC placement can give great results:

Of course, this requires careful calibration, like any machine aiming for 0.1mm region accuracy. Using the built-in calibration features of the software and the easy to follow instructions on the web site, you can achieve this kind of accuracy without special instruments.

I want to keep my customers happy! Therefore, there is an update kit available for existing machines. Get yours from the web shop!

And if you are not yet an existing customer, please make my day! You can get the easy to build kit at the web shop. Also, there is a new introduction video on LitePlacer.com home page and of course, lots of information about the machine on the web site. The forums are also active.

And finally, when cabling the LitePlacer - or anything else, for that matter! - do use ferrules when connecting stranded cables to screw terminals. Those give much more reliable results. The tools for these are available at the LitePlacer web shop (see this page). Make yourself and your lab a favor and add some in your order, if you don't already use them.

This is all for now. Best regards,

Juha Kuusama