Partially Used Tape

Stefan

Partially Used Tape

Post by Stefan »

I just oredered a Lite Placer and I apologize if this is a stupid question.

I often use some standard components on my designs that I will produce in small batches. I'd like to setup my tapes (about 25 tapes I imagine), run a job, put a new PCB in and run a job right afterwards. Ideally I'd like to cover the machine with a dust cover, come back a couple weeks later and then run more jobs without touching the tape until there wouldn't be enough parts left in the tape to complete the job.

Does the lite placer software have a way to know if a spot in the tape is empty, or an offset that you can set to tell it where it to begin grabbing parts in that tape?
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Partially Used Tape

Post by JuKu »

Thank you for your business and welcome to the forums! There are no stupid questions, but there might be inadequate explanations. :-)

> Does the lite placer software have a way to know if a spot in the tape is empty, or an offset that you can set to tell it where it to begin grabbing parts in that tape?

The software remembers how many parts it has used from each tape; you can also manually set the next part number.
Stefan

Re: Partially Used Tape

Post by Stefan »

Perfect, thank you for the quick response. I'm really looking forward to getting my Lite Placer built and running!