Basic video processing questions

Cedmondson

Basic video processing questions

Post by Cedmondson »

Hi All,
Ok, got this crazy thing built, Thanks Juha for the better cameras!!! and now I am trying to get everything set up. First big problem, I am trying to set up the optical zero point, and it isn't find the dot I put down! I can see it, but the software evidently doesn't. I can't get it to recognize any circles, even those on my board. Anyone have a set of simple instructions on how to set this up?
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Basic video processing questions

Post by JuKu »

Assuming you have a black dot on a white background:
- on camera setup page down cam tab, select the camera. It isn’t turned on automatically on that page (by design), so make sure it runs.
- turn on show circles
- select invert as first operation
- put treshold for second. At this point, you should see a white dot on a black background, which is what the software is looking for.
- play with threshold number. At some value, you should see a colored circle around the dot. Leave the value at the middle where this happens
- click copy here at the homing box. This stores the settings for the homing operation

Make sure the camera doesn’t see other circles (uncheck show pixels) and that the dot is at upper right quadrant after mechanical homing. Also, set the box size, so the software knows the image scale. Full homing should now work.

If you can’t make the above work, tell where you have an issue, we’ll look at that in more details. See also https://www.liteplacer.com/downcamsetup/.
Cedmondson

Re: Basic video processing questions

Post by Cedmondson »

Thanks for the help! I had to increase the size and 'roundness' of the dot, and it finally recognized it! There was a spur at 7:00 that I think was defeating the recognition...