Homing Problem: Attempt to move outside safe limits

deejay

Homing Problem: Attempt to move outside safe limits

Post by deejay »

Hi there,

I built my Liteplacer and wanted to fire it up for the first time. Everything seems correctly wired, I also can move it in the direction I want it to move.

The problem is the homing feature. When I press Home X, it starts moving right and then it moves to the left as it should be. After it hit the left switch it stops, which is also good. Now I want to move it to the right again, but it does not work because of the following message: Attempt to move outside safe limits (X -590.000), i attached also a screenshot. The same behavior goes for Y and Z...

Any suggestions? Help would be very appreciated.
Attachments
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG (46.93 KiB) Viewed 1972 times
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Homing Problem: Attempt to move outside safe limits

Post by JuKu »

(We are working on this via emails.)
Stefan

Re: Homing Problem: Attempt to move outside safe limits

Post by Stefan »

I'm sure you resolved this already, but for anyone else that has this problem here is what my issue was:

All limit switches checked out (they caused an error when they weren't expected to be trigger that shut the motors off).

The Z homing and Y homing worked great. They would trigger the limit switch, back off until the switch was released, then jog a small offset. The X axis would trigger the switch but not back off. At that point any X movement was outside the safe limits according to the software.

The issue is that I had my X limit switches reversed. When X homing the homing process wouldn't complete since the wrong limit switch was triggeted.

Once I reversed the limit switches the X homing backed off and did a slight jog, just like all the other axises.