(Solved)Needle height calibration don't stop

fmartinho

(Solved)Needle height calibration don't stop

Post by fmartinho »

When the cousin starts calibration, a box switch (Max; Min and Homing) is deactivated, which causes the needle test not to stop, ie it does not stop and always goes down and I have to press the reset button or turn off the machine.
Can you help me please?
Last edited by fmartinho on Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Needle height calibration don't stop

Post by JuKu »

You need to check the boxes to enable the switches. They are not enabled by default, because a wiring error would be rather difficult to find out otherwise.
fmartinho

Post by fmartinho »

Hell,
The boxes have the checks, however when I start nozzle height calibration they are automatically unchecked.
I can make a video, to show ...
If you don't understand my mistake.
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

Please check the switch wiring: manually push the pickup tube up; this should result to TinyG error (press reset and click “clear error” on the setup page to restore operation). If correct, re-check that the tube moves freely. When you push the tube up from the nozzle tip, it should go up, triggering the switch. Then, the bottom collar should go against the lower tubing. Only after this, would the spring in the nozzle adapter start to compress. When you let go, the tube should drop fully down under its own weight, at all rotational positions, releasing the switch.

If this doesn’t help, please send me the log of the failed calibration attempt. Click inside the log window, ctrl +A to select all, copy and paste to a text document. Also, send me the log of the response of sending the text $$ to TinyG (this dumps all the TinyG internal settings to log window in human readable form).
fmartinho

Post by fmartinho »

Hello JuKu,
thank you for your time, and thank you for helping me, that's what I was missing.
Problem solved