How to use machine when i don't have USB camera?

cuongnguyen

How to use machine when i don't have USB camera?

Post by cuongnguyen »

How to use machine when i don't have USB camera,my software reported "up camera not running,can't calibrate nozzle",So how to calibrate nozzle,thank you so much!
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: How to use machine when i don't have USB camera?

Post by JuKu »

> So how to calibrate nozzle?

Without an uplooking camera, you can't. Some people find that the nozzle runout (wobble) is so small that they can live without nozzle calibration.
cuongnguyen

Post by cuongnguyen »

I want to use machine and without camera or nozzle,not have camera and not calibrate nozzle.It is possible to set up the software?
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

You can use the machine successfully without the up looking camera; the nozzles doesn’t have much runout. You can setup the tapes to use coordinates directly, omitting the optical measurements. You can’t get the machine coordinates of parts with current software, but you can use nominal coordinates (just PCB jig position added to the CAD data). I don’t think you can get much precision with this method, though; the PCB edge cut is not very precise related to the copper. You might be able to build a precision jig that aligns from mounting holes or something like that. But this doesn’t sound too sensible: Much work that you know beforehand will not give you good results, just to avoid using a cheap widely available part.