Openpnp

Volter

Re: Openpnp

Post by Volter »

This setting is in this section.
However, I want to warn you, if there is no real need to switch to OpenPnP, then it is better not to do it.
OpenPnP has 2 useful features.
The first is alignment with the lower video camera.
Second, this is the possibility of using AutoFeed.
If the question is in the auto feeder, then this function is very easy to implement in LitePlacer.
(I did it for my machine)
The issue of alignment with the lower video camera may be solved a little later, there is nothing complicated about it, but it takes time.
I also want to say that TinyG has some "Features / problems" in its work, which are taken into account in LitePlacer. This can be found in openPnP (short distance travel).
So before switching to OpenPnP, I recommend that you consider whether it is worth it.
Ivan.
Attachments
Снимок_openpnp.PNG
Снимок_openpnp.PNG (160.27 KiB) Viewed 22027 times
paxiao

Post by paxiao »

Thank you Ivan for your response, I will keep that info in consideration and I was able to solve my problem.
KeithM

Post by KeithM »

Volter wrote: Second, this is the possibility of using AutoFeed.
If the question is in the auto feeder, then this function is very easy to implement in LitePlacer.
(I did it for my machine)

Ivan.
Hello Ivan,
can you provide a short overview of how you implemented your autofeed modification to the LP software?
Thank you,
Keith
Volter

Post by Volter »

Hi, here are screenshots with added auto-feeder feature.
The idea is very simple, auto feeder works in two modes. The first mode is the hole counter, the second mode is vibration and its duration. "Part Pitch" need set as Zero.
Packet ASCII format: VIB - Vibration, FED - Holes counter, L - line number (1 - 65535), H - Holes or Vibration seconds (1 - 255), P - PWM (80-255), ; - close packet.
Example feed: FED L3 H2 P200; - feeding line №3, on 2 holes, pwm - 200
Example vibration: VIB L5 H5 P210; - vibration line №5, time 5 seconds, pwm 210.
Example e-stop: !; - e-stop ))
Autofeeder timeout (Jammed or run out of tape) - FED - 5 seconds, VIB - not actual;
The answer (fedback) from the auto feeder is disabled, because it did not implement this function in LP. Perhaps I'll add it later.

I also fixed some bugs.
1. The colors blue and green are mixed up in the kill/keep color function.
2. Fixed Alt + Click error to get color, it caused the application to crash.
3. Added the Z-axis offset setting after the homing function to reduce the vertical travel when placing the components (Screen 1, bottom right, "Z offset after homing" field).
4. Fixed the reason for the application crash when clicking the "List resolutions" button on the Up Looking camera page. If the last item in the camera list was selected, pressing this button would crash the application.

These screenshots were taken on a different computer that is not connected to my machine.

Forgive me, as I am writing through a translator.
Ivan.
Attachments
Basic Page, this select Auto feeder Port, or set none.
Basic Page, this select Auto feeder Port, or set none.
Screen_1.PNG (66.53 KiB) Viewed 21929 times
This page Manual control Auto Feeder.
This page Manual control Auto Feeder.
Screen_2.PNG (687.16 KiB) Viewed 21929 times
This set Auto feeder for each line/component, and mode Vibro or holes.
This set Auto feeder for each line/component, and mode Vibro or holes.
Screen_3.PNG (201.5 KiB) Viewed 21929 times