Spam policy

JuKu
Site Admin

Spam policy

Post by JuKu »

This forum is spam-free. You can post links to products when they are relevant for discussion, and you can even start a discussion about relevant, interesting new products, unless you have a connection to the manufacturer. If you are the manufacturer and truly feel that your product is relevant and beneficial to the forum readers, you can ask. For example, there is a new 3D printer coming to market that can also laser-cut stencils and mill PCBs. This would be relevant and interesting to the forum readers. If you are a manufacturer and a discussion about your product comes up, it is fine to get involved. The difference between advertising and informing is a fine line and no hard guidelines can be set, so unavoidably, there will be case by case decisions.

Plain advertising on my forum is not tolerated. If you register just to be able to promote your religion, political views, your company or its products, don't bother. I will delete your post(s) and your user account without warning, and that takes only a couple of mouse clicks. No one will see your ad (see below), you are just wasting your time.

New user posts are manually approved. Posts that are made only for the purpose of getting around this to gain access to the forum are not approved, such as "thank you", "me too" etc. Posts that raise the suspicion are also rejected. Unavoidably, I get this wrong sometimes. I'm sorry about that: I love my customers or genuinely interested people, but I hate spammers and malware. English is not my native language, and sometimes I miss the tone.

English only, please. I can't make a difference between spam, criminal act or legitimate posts on other than English language. I will assume malicious content on posts I can't understand and will delete the post and the account.

No notification are sent for moderation actions on the above. I don't want to alert bots about an active forum.

If in doubt, ask me.