Software loads slowly than freezes

kshoop

Software loads slowly than freezes

Post by kshoop »

System: Intell i5 4-core
Liteplacer Ver: latest

The system will work fine for awhile, but after an error or returning later and restarting the software it will take 30 to 120 seconds for the form labels to populate. After that the software freezes and becomes unresponsive though windows reports it is still running. We solve this once by reinstalling the software, but that has not worked again. Tried rebooting, resets, power cycling and connecting and disconnecting the cameras and the TinyG and starting SW as admin and in Win 7 compatibility mode. No Joy. :evil:

Any insights would be helpful

KS
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Software loads slowly than freezes

Post by JuKu »

PM sent. I will post the solution once this issue is solved, but I think it doesn't make much sense to post all the things we'll try, steps to find the cause and possible dead ends here. Of course, if any of you have an idea, please share!
mrandt

Post by mrandt »

Maybe a hint:

I've seen this behaviour when I had problems with RS232.

Also, when I start LitePlacer without TinyG connected, UI builds very slowly and is unresponsive.

I have never investigated the issue though as it seems to disappear when RS232 connection to TinyG is stable.
pete0

Post by pete0 »

Check your user.config if the COM Port is the same port which you see in the windows device manager when you plug in the TinyG.

<setting name="CNC_SerialPort" serializeAs="String">
<value>COM4</value>
</setting>

We had once a similar problem (minutes till labels where populated and no settings from TinyG displayed) Closing the program and restarting did not help. Since it looked like comunication problem with TinyG I checked the COM port setting and found that the port was wrong.
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

The issue seems to be a setup file pointing to an existing serial port, but one that is not connected to the machine. I will fix this in the startup routine in the future. In the meanwhile, the fast fix is to disable / unplug unused or all serial ports before starting the program. The software starts fast if it does not find any serial ports or the one that it used the last time. You then need to select the serial port again.

Also: "Windows 10 does some goofy things with permission on its own and throwing our corporate IT department into the mix just make something tougher. To get us back up I un-installed using the Window’s system and deleted the C:\LitePlacer director. I reinstalled the SW but moved the install directory to C:\Program Files (x86)\LitePlacer with the other 32-bit apps, our system is 64-bit. I then stripped any security restriction on the LitePlacer folder and sub-folders/files. Giving full access to all groups and users. It ran the rest of the day and appears to be more stable than before."