place fast wants take more components as are in tape

instrukcion14

place fast wants take more components as are in tape

Post by instrukcion14 »

Hello

in the company in which we have liteplacer, we produce many boards on which are many same components. Place fast is the ideal solution but if I have only half leaded tape then I cant use place fast bcs it wants to measure fx 100 parts at once. Because of that I have to use slowly placement option - only place.
Is possible to add into sw max amount of parts measured at once in fast place mode?
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: place fast wants take more components as are in tape

Post by JuKu »

Yes, of course. But not having enough parts on a tape would mean that the job will fail. In your opinion, what is the best behavior here? Measure all at start? Find out what can be done and leave some parts unplaced?
Thinking about this, the user might want to avoid the situation where the board already has paste on it, but there is not enough parts to complete the build. Even worse is if some components are already placed.

Ideal solution might be to do all measurements at beginning and store the values, but it would be a rather big change.
instrukcion14

Post by instrukcion14 »

maybe the easiest solution should be setup maximum parts for one measure. rather individual for each component.
Or if can't measure whole tape it will shift back a measure x-10 (maybe few times) parts at once and the rest of parts place only with slow place option.
this solution looks easy to implement I think.
but it really needs some improvement to get your machine to next LVL.
fcawth

Post by fcawth »

This post is a little old, but I came across it because I am running in to a similar issue.

I'm working on a converter for my (Cadence) pick and place data, and I am going to have it output different part value once I get beyond 50 parts so I can use a second or third tape as a workaround (I have over 100 of the same part on this particular board).

It seems like what should happen is that liteplacer should let you have multiple tapes with the same part, then go to the next tape when the first one runs out. You would need to set the number of parts for each tape when setting up tapes.