What is your screen resolution?

Less than 1280 x1024: LitePlacer screen does not fit
6%
1280 x 1024
24%
1366 x 768 (common laptop resolution, window does not fit)
6%
1920 x 1080 (FullHD)
41%
Better than FullHD
24%

Total votes: 17

JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

Background: I use my own software on two computers, one in the lab with an actual machine. It had 1600 x 1200 screen, no scaling. The other Computer is in my office with a high resolution screen. The screen is big enough that I don't use scaling on that either. To help in software writing (more code visible at one time), I bought a new screen to my lab. 4k resolution but only 28" size, so some scaling on Windows font sizes was needed (125%). I immediately found an issue that I wasn't aware of: Windows scales the items on LitePlacer software, which makes the screen not only look ugly, but also pushes some controls off screen. This is not good.

But since I haven't had complaints, I wonder if the issue really is as ugly as it seems to me and you are just not raising your voices, or if the issue does not really concern that many people. I'd like to know, so please vote on this and the scaling poll at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5991 (the forum software does not support multiple polls on one post).

I use the results to decide if I need to redo the whole UI layout (although I like the interface where all relevant data is visible). Or maybe I canf ix the layout so that it is usable on scaled displays. Likely, I would need to increase the size of the window for this, but if you don't use screens big enough, then no. Perhaps I can persuade Windows not to scale the UI, but if the result is too small for your screens, that is not good either.

I need to do something, and the options are very different in terms of the amount of work needed. To be able to choose, I need your data. Also, comments are much appreciated!
yaddatrance

Re: What is your screen resolution?

Post by yaddatrance »

Just to throw a curveball, I have 1440x900 and the liteplacer just barely fits with the start menu minimized.
mackedanzchr

Post by mackedanzchr »

Running 1360 x 768 on the desktop we have to run the software and the software does not completely fit onto the screen. Sadly this is the highest windows will allow me to set the resolution. :(
Cedmondson

Post by Cedmondson »

Hi JuKu,
Just saw this thread. I am using an Acer notebook and I can't see all the screen on it. i have to scroll to see the HOME and PARK buttons. Not sure what the actual resolution of the native display is, though...
santosp

Post by santosp »

I from my side use my laptop connected to an external VGA monitor, with the "extend displays" option ticked in the "screen resolution" windows menu.
So my VGA monitor used for LitePlacer software suite, and the laptop screen for anything else like browsing etc. :geek: