Display available parts in job table

Pixopax

Display available parts in job table

Post by Pixopax »

Hi, I just worked a bit on my variant of the software which is a heavily modified version of the rmod-fork. Since I changed the machine also this version will not run on others, but that is no problem here:

I changed the jopb table so that I added a new column and draw there a colored bar showing the remaining parts for that strip as well as if I have enough to finish the job.
Green = all ok, red: Strip is depleted
Also, if I have a job entry where no valid part is added, it shows a "MISSING" in the column.
This showed very handy, as you see directly if any strips are depleted.
lp_strips.jpg
lp_strips.jpg (81.82 KiB) Viewed 3603 times
You can calculate from the tabeobject-data how many parts fit into the strip, which part is current, and calculate the difference to get the available parts.
As my strips lay in vertical direction I have a fixed length for all tapes, which makes calculation easy.
But you could also add a "capacity" field to the tape objects, allowing to set a capacity for every tape strip one creates. Many people use trays for their strips, they also have a fixed length of strip they can use. To calculate the available parts in that length is easy.

Maybe you could add that to the officia software, that would help a lot.
Pixopax

Re: Display available parts in job table

Post by Pixopax »

I now almost have a realtime-display of the strip situation:
lp_strips2.jpg
lp_strips2.jpg (145.63 KiB) Viewed 3599 times
Tomorrow I will add some code to show the real part quantities as well as the part size correct.
Pixopax

Post by Pixopax »

I added a pcb-preview too :-)
This shows a coarse image of the pcb data, to be sure I lay it correct on the table.
It currently only parses for 0603, 0805, 0401 and 1206 in the component and displays it as a SMD 0805.
All other parts are black squares. But it is enough to see what is on the board on how it is oriented.
Attachments
pcb.jpg
pcb.jpg (19.06 KiB) Viewed 3591 times
Pixopax

Post by Pixopax »

To see what a liteplacer can do for you, I made a short video from my machine, which just placed 30 pcb without an error :D

https://youtu.be/q_FL8kkmXkI

It shows my own software, which is quite different from the original software, maybe some of the features like pcb preview, strip capacity and pressure sensor reading find their way into the standard software.