Homing problem

dpuphysics

Homing problem

Post by dpuphysics »

When clicking any of the home options except for home Y, the machine moves until it triggers one of the limit switches, but instead of backing off from the limit switch and completing the homing process, the machine stays on the limit switch keeping it pressed. If we make the gantry move from the homing switch so that it untoggles it, either manually or by jogging the machine away, the program then registers that the limit switch has been pressed and then crashes as it normally should do if I werent homing the machine. The Y limit switch however is working properly during the homing step. When the gantry hits the Y limit switch during the homing it properly backs off and continues with the x and z axis. I am trying to figure out how to make the x and z limit switches work like the Y limit switch so I can continue with the calibration process.

Model was purchased start of June. Software is the most recent version running in windows 10.
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Homing problem

Post by JuKu »

Most common reason for this is that a wrong switch gets activated. In other words, please make sure that the switch that gets triggered is the one that the system expects and no other switch triggers with it.