Cameras

paxiao

Cameras

Post by paxiao »

Can the down facing camera go back after placing and verify the placement?
Does the up camera have any use other than checking wobble?
Can the down camera check the pad before placing the part?
AnalysIR

Re: Cameras

Post by AnalysIR »

Can the down facing camera go back after placing and verify the placement?
AFAIK, not currently supported. Although possible to implement, the addition of solder paste will make the task a little more difficult. I do a manual visual check and adjust anything that is not good enough.
Does the up camera have any use other than checking wobble?
AFAIK, that is the only feature currently supported for the up camera. Originally, I assumed that an up camera would be used to adjust any offset during pickup. OpenPnP, supports this feature.
Can the down camera check the pad before placing the part?
AFAIK, not currently supported. Ideally, the LP should get close enough to each pad after recalculating positions based on fiducials/skew. It seems good enough for me (mainly 0805s).

You can submit change requests for LP on GitHub, but bear in mind that SW updates have been very slow for LP. LP does meet the stated specs for me. On the other hand OpenPnP is very active with updates & bug fixes. So I may move over to using OpenPnP in the future to make use of UP camera (and in future feeders).

Recently, I have started using the SMD assembly service from JLCPCB, which is fast, great value & high quality (0402s). The set up time for a job on JLCPCB is small after the first time learning. The big thing about that service is that they may not have support for particular parts or packages & in some cases I have swapped parts so that I can use their service. (e.g. I changed one AVR MCU for another AVR model they support and used 3x10R resistors instead of 1 3R3 to avoid an extended part fee for the 3R3 component.). The only issue I found with the service, is that they sometimes get the part orientation wrong, so it is important to double check that every time before it goes into production. After 4 orders in recent months,I have only had an issue with one pad, which may have been my fault as I was adding in TH parts.
All about IR remote Control. Webshop: https://www.AnalysIR.com/blog/
Check out our LitePlacer Trinamic/TMC2209 TinyG Stepper upgrade kit: https://www.tindie.com/products/analysi ... r-openpnp/
paxiao

Re: Cameras

Post by paxiao »

Thank you AnalysIR,

The response was very informative to us we appreciate it! We will be implementing OpenPnP for the camera and feeder features as well.