Release candidate for new software version, 20.05.2021

KeithM

Re: Release candidate for new software version, 20.05.2021

Post by KeithM »

I have set up the new release candidate and I am quite happy with it thus far.
I spent some time just figuring out some things that were probably pretty obvious, such as needing to select the vision algorithm where it was previously automatically selected, and adjusting to the acceptable size range and distance for successful recognition. Overall, the process for me is now much improved.
I previously had a great deal of trouble with the probing causing errors, now the part height probing seems to work every time.
I did not notice or think of sensing the pocket rather than the hole - I am very happy that it was mentioned here!
Keith
AnalysIR

Post by AnalysIR »

I forgot to mention earlier....

...when recognizing a rectangle, you get an angular correction. With a circle you don't => pocket should work better than hole with 1 less move required. (less so in black tapes. On some I was able to do the component directly within the pocket... 0805 LED directly & possiblySOIC8 )

I am pretty sure even more components can be recognized more accurately....just needs effort to try it out as each new job is re-configured. For example, I did try the vision on resistor pads and it seemed to get them, so by looking for say the top pad, it should just be possible to get it spot on centre WITH the angular offset as well. This will need more effort to verify & for now I am OK with just the pocket for 0805 resistors/caps.

PS: I also used the 'Measure zoom' function a lot.
All about IR remote Control. Webshop: https://www.AnalysIR.com/blog/
Check out our LitePlacer Trinamic/TMC2209 TinyG Stepper upgrade kit: https://www.tindie.com/products/analysi ... r-openpnp/
AnalysIR

Post by AnalysIR »

Got the error below when clicking the OK button & seems to be on other tapes as well.
I don't think its fatal, as I can still edit the tapes I need in the main grid directly. (Nothing obvious in the log window)

Invalid data at capacity
2021-05-25 13_17_41-.jpg
2021-05-25 13_17_41-.jpg (166.88 KiB) Viewed 6122 times
Check out our LitePlacer Trinamic/TMC2209 TinyG Stepper upgrade kit: https://www.tindie.com/products/analysi ... r-openpnp/
AnalysIR

Post by AnalysIR »

...only seems to happen with tapes defined before latest RC.
Any tapes added since RC do not present this error!....hopefully an easy fix
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

AnalysIR wrote:...would it be possible to add an option just to skip this part and go on to the net one.

When testing vision on Tapes (in the tapes tab), it would be useful to just find the NEXT part/hole. Alternatively just add a numeric updown control in place of the part# text box.
About this and similar requests: I much appreciate requests and ideas for new features, and these are noted. Still, I my first priority for now is to get this version out. So for now, I will do only bug fixes. I believe this is will be so much better than the current one, that I want to get this out to all users first. Once I have one software that works and only one version that I need to give support on, I can breathe a bit easier and can look in to new additions.

So, for now: Please keep ideas coming, but to get then implemented: Sorry, not quite yet (until the add is very trivial).
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

AnalysIR wrote:...only seems to happen with tapes defined before latest RC.
Any tapes added since RC do not present this error!....hopefully an easy fix
I'm not sure I understood you correctly, as I didn't get this error to appear. Please send me the tape file by email and tell the clicks and edits that make this appear. And yes, I think it is an easy fix. (This comes form the work I've done to have capacity property on tapes (so you can have warnings if you don't have enough parts, have two tapes with same parts so that when one runs out, the system continues from the other and so on). It turned out to be more complicated than I thought, so I hided it for now. Apparently my tests for the hide were not sufficient.)
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

AnalysIR wrote:weird....seems to have gone away by itself ....these files are not being written now.

(Could possibly be AV related??? ????)
Likely. I can see how antivirus software would not like an unfamiliar software writing on the disk.
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

AnalysIR wrote:
On the plus side as I was testing this, I got a failed recognition of one slot/resistor. Then I got a popup asking if I wanted to jog to the part/hole, which I did. This is a great addition as it means we can easily continue if there is an issue recognizing a hole/part...GREAT++++
Seems I misread this popup feature...
On the plus side as I was testing this, I got a failed recognition of one slot/resistor. Then I got a popup asking if I wanted to jog to the part/hole, which I did. This is a great addition as it means we can easily continue if there is an issue recognizing a hole/part...GREAT++++
The popup text suggests you just jog and retry the vision. Surely if you jog then it should just accept this and proceed. As before offering the option to proceed with this position and/or skipping to the next component would avoid messing with the active job.
It reads "Jog machine to position and/or tune the algorithm." So, you can also go to algorithm setup, tune the processing parameters so that the measurement gives a result, change back to the page you were on and continue. (Again, skipping this component/tape makes a lot of sense, but I'm not adding it right now.)
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

Krzys wrote:I have installed a new version and unfortunately - it cannot get through HOME.
Measurements are good but ....
There is no red cross in the camera image, only a horizontal line.
I checked everything, even the installation from scratch clean.
The same problem.

Krzysztof
Something that I haven't heard from others. What is your screen resolution and your Windows scaling? Right click on empty space on desktop, select display settings (or something like that, mine actually reads "Näytön asetukset", the equivalent Finnish phrase) and a window opens with the info.
AnalysIR

Post by AnalysIR »

It reads "Jog machine to position and/or tune the algorithm." So, you can also go to algorithm setup, tune the processing parameters so that the measurement gives a result, change back to the page you were on and continue. (Again, skipping this component/tape makes a lot of sense, but I'm not adding it right now.)
Still not 100% clear. If I jog, is the new position accepted or must it still go thru the vision? Good to know that I can redo the vision, return and not loose context.

(Once I just got a torch/light and shone it on the part and it was then recognized after a retry)
but I'm not adding it right now.
OK...priorities first :)