Right side X limit switch

fastbike

Right side X limit switch

Post by fastbike »

The back of the x Axis trolley has two limit switches: for the left and the right sides of the X axis.

The one on the right (when looking from the front of the machine) cannot reach the adjustment bolt because the down looking camera mount hits the Y axis belt - about 20mm before.

Is this something that has been assembled incorrectly ?
liteyear

Re: Right side X limit switch

Post by liteyear »

FWIW, here's mine.
IMG_6117.jpg
IMG_6117.jpg (641.2 KiB) Viewed 19396 times
IMG_6116.jpg
IMG_6116.jpg (684.44 KiB) Viewed 19396 times
As you can see, it's close, but I've managed about 5mm margin at the point the limit switch is triggered. I had more trouble with the fact that the bolt the switch lever contacts did not have a flat face and the lever would catch on it. So I added a slot nut to the end of the bolt to give it a flatter, larger face. This is gives you a bit more margin because you can rotate the limit switch to reach further.

This is one of the few areas where the documentation was lacking, in my mind.
fastbike

Post by fastbike »

That's super useful thanks. I was going to post up some photos. My gap is larger so I'll source a longer bolt and make the modification.
I think the reason is because I bought a second hand machine with the camera upgrade - the camera housing appears to be wider than the original.
So not an issue with the machine as originally supplied. But probably something others might want to know if they are upgrading an older machine.
fastbike

Post by fastbike »

I've replaced the 15mm M5 hex socket screw with a 40mm one, with the head facing into the centre of the machine and a nut on either side of the end plate so I could fine tune the limit setting.